TfL B1 English Language Requirement Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to Existing and Prospective Mini cab drivers and Chauffeurs Frequently Asked Questions
Our PCO Licence Academy is designed to support existing and prospective Private Hire Drivers, commonly known as PCO drivers with meeting TfL English Language Requirment. We know that there are many questions requiring quick answers, subsequently, we have outlined a few for you. Please do not hesitate to contact our PCO licence and English Academy if you have additional questions that are not on this web page on 0203475 6509.
See below for our TfL B1 English Language Requirement Frequently Asked Questions and our answers:
Is it compulsory to meet TfL’s B1 English requirement?
- Certainly. We can provide support with information, advice and guidance on this
When do I need to show that I have met the standard for the TfL’s English Language Requirement?
- You have until July 201 8 to show that you meet the required standard and then supply evidence to TfL
English is my native language – Will I still need to take the test?
- Yes, this requirement is for all existing and prospective PCO or private hire drivers even if English is their native language
English is not my first language – Will my tutor be patient with me?
- Most certainly. All our tutors are well trained & will support you with unlimited training, if required, to ensure that you pass your B1 English requirement
If I studied in the UK or overseas i.e. went to school, college or university – Do I still need to meet TfL English Language requirement?
- If you have gained any qualification in secondary school or college and so on which was taught in English and examined in English, this would meet the required standard
I am already competent in some of the skills, can you help with the skill(s) that need development?
- Yes, we can support you with help and guidance where it is most needed
Will I need to meet TfL’s English Language requirement every year?
- No. As far as we are aware, the feedback given from TfL is that you will only need to meet this once